Treat Ringworm with Bleach | Does It Work?
One of the most controversial treatments that is said to be used to treat ringworm infection is bleach. Yes, you heard that right. Bleach is said to be effective in treating this fungal infection but how can we really be sure about that? We will look into all the effects that this strong chemical actually has on our skin and how to treat ringworm with bleach.
Bleach is a very strong chemical that is known to contain hydrogen peroxide or sodium hypochlorite depending on its main purpose. Bleach is known to be very effective as a cleaning agent. It is used to remove stains from different materials. It is a highly trusted household cleaning chemical. While it is very efficient in cleaning, it is said to be very harmful on the skin. Bleach is very efficient in killing fungi. Results are quick but the risks are really high. This chemical can cause permanent damages to the skin and who would ever want such effect, right?
In case you are wondering, bleach is prepared in a special way to be used as a treatment for ringworm infection. Chlorine bleach is specifically used and it is mixed with warm water. Cotton swabs are used to apply the mixture to the affected skin areas. This is done until all of the affected areas are applied on all areas. The solution is left on the skin overnight.
It would be your decision if you want to try this simple remedy to treat ringworm with bleach. However, you must understand that there are a lot of cautions and risks. Bleach is again a very strong chemical and too much of it can actually burn your skin. It can even cause discolourations on your clothes. These permanent damages, most especially on your skin can be very dangerous that is why you have to be very careful in using this treatment method.
You have to check first as well if your skin may be too sensitive. Certain skin types may not be able to handle the strength of the bleach properly. It is always best to consult a trusted physician first before doing anything to treat ringworm with bleach and using it directly on your skin.
These are some of the most important things that you should know and fully understand about bleach. Bleach is not like your ordinary anti-fungal creams, ointments and sprays that you can just readily apply on your skin anytime you want to, bleach is a skin irritant and could easily burn your skin!! Strictly following instructions is considered to be very important.